The Events team are involved in 100+ events annually, and act in an advisory capacity when required. We are looking for an Events Executive to join our team.
You will be responsible for managing delivery of a number of events including leading project teams, distributing tasks and delegating to colleagues as appropriate to ensure the effective delivery of events on time and to budget. You will be working on logistics, procurement, venue management, customer service, risk management as well as supporting other internal teams with gaining sponsorship for and marketing the events.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of event and project management.
- Confident in the projection, construction and management of budgets and controlling resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, negotiation).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident with IT solutions.
- Experience of events or travel industry.
- Experience of working with the chemical sciences community.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, and the UK's professional body for chemical sciences. With over 50,000 members worldwide, we bring together and empower our global chemistry community for the benefit of science and humanity. If you would like your next challenging role in Events please apply now.
This opportunity is available on an 18 month fixed term contract basis. National and international travel and evening and weekend work will be required when attending on-site events, with time in lieu for weekend work.