Associate Scientist - Chemical Development R&D
Indivior maintain a firm belief that the right treatment can transform lives. We pioneer the development of innovative prescription treatments for patients around the world suffering from the chronic diseases of addiction. Our vision is to ensure that all patients around the world have unrestricted access to high quality addiction treatment.
Associate Scientist – Chemical Development R&D – Hull - East Yorkshire
DRUG DEVELOPMENT – ALL PHASES (from discovery through development) AND BEYOND!
We’re moving to a brand-new purpose built laboratory and recruiting for a new Associate Scientist!
You’ll be part of a small but growing chemistry team specialising in pharmaceutical chemical development from candidate selection through all phases of development. This will involve investigation into new routes of synthesis and gaining process understanding of existing synthetic routes.
Working with an extensive network of UK and European third parties the team carry out research and development into synthetic organic chemistry in the field of addiction therapy and addiction co-morbidities.
You will be there at the beginning to help set up the laboratory with new state of the art lab equipment and as the department expands you’ll have the chance to grow and develop gaining knowledge and understanding along the way.
- Provide Chemical Development support to projects within the new product pipeline, ensuring all chemistry aspects of the development, including the chemical synthesis and solid state physical properties are effectively managed with any issues highlighted to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Carry out chemical synthesis experimentation and research
- Provide support to API commercial manufacture, including the introduction of 2nd generation processes.
- Actively participate in project strategy and planning meetings, risk assessments and stakeholder interactions to leverage your chemistry expertise and insight, to drive the right decisions at the right time and mitigate risk.
- Solve complex technical problems using experience, knowledge, research and advice.
- Collect, interpret and report chemistry data as required.
- Liaise with global regulatory, local regulatory, QA, Supply and other functions to deliver projects.
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and prepare responses to questions raised by Healthcare Authorities.
- Contribute to drug innovation by challenging current perceptions and practices.
- A degree in chemistry (2.1 or 1st preferred)
- A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry would be beneficial.
- 2-3 + years’ experience in pharmaceutical chemical development for applicant with a PhD.
- 5 + years’ experience otherwise
- Experience within a pharmaceutical environment
- Proven experience and practical knowledge in organic synthesis and of developing new chemical entities in the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Experience of process scale up and running processes on a pilot plant scale and beyond.
- Experience of working with 3rd party partners to deliver project goals.
- Working knowledge of crystallisation, polymorphism and the physical properties of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, develop tactics and transform ideas into reality.
- Results orientated, self-motivated with an ability to evaluate and take risks
A Career with Indivior
Passion. Innovation. Achievement. All are key aspects of a career with Indivior. We are a worldwide family of individuals with varying backgrounds, strengths, and weaknesses united under one common purpose – the patient.
Our guiding principles have nurtured our culture and successfully guided our decision making. They ensure we focus on the patient and are the foundation for each employee’s success and growth
Located in Hull – the UK’s 2017 City of Culture! Near to lovely countryside, the stunning Yorkshire coast and with quick rail and road links into Leeds/Sheffield and Manchester Hull is a vibrant growing city.
We’ll help with relocation costs, a great salary, car cash allowance and you’ll also be part of our bonus scheme
See more at www.Indivior.com
Closing date 3rd May 2017
Apply for Associate Scientist - Chemical Development R&D
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly