Synthetic Organic Chemist
4 days left
- Full Time
Key Organics is a leading global provider in the supply of high quality chemical products and contract services to the pharmaceutical, agrochemical, biotechnology sectors together with related industries and applications. A vacancy has arisen for a Synthetic Organic Chemist.
- Perform retro synthetic analysis and design synthetic routes to simple and complex organic molecules.
- Synthesize and purify compounds involving multistep synthesis from milligram- to multi-gram scale utilizing a range of techniques including handling and use of air and moisture sensitive reagents.
- Literature searching using on-line and paper journals
- Accurate recording of experimental data using electronic lab books
- Characterisation of purified products by Interpretation of analytical data – NMR, LC-MS, Microanalysis etc.
- Interpret and properly document results of various experiments and present the data in written reports.
Education and Experience: PhD degree or Graduate in organic chemistry
- Demonstrable theoretical knowledge
- Practical ability and analytical data interpretation skills
- Proficient in the handling and use of experimental techniques using air and moisture sensitive reagents in both small and large scale reactions
- Excellent report writing skills
- High level of personal productivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude to work
- Must be able to multi-task, working to deliver multiple products in parallel
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety
Apply for Synthetic Organic Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly