Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization that has been working with the Life Sciences industry for more than two decades.
Erl Wood, Surrey, UK - Synthetic Chemistry
The AMRI insourced group in Erl Wood provides first class synthetic organic chemistry at the customer’s site. Our Team of experienced Scientists is 100% dedicated to the single customer’s chemistry programs and needs.
We are currently looking to fill a number of vacancies at the Research Scientist level to join our growing Chemistry Group in Erl Wood, Surrey. The vacancy would suit a candidate with a strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry, qualified in a chemistry based subject to BSc/MChem level.
The successful applicant will be exposed to the full variety of chemistry within the chemistry group: route design, reaction troubleshooting & optimisation.
At the Research Scientist level you will be responsible for the design, synthesis and purification of chemical intermediates and target compounds
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as a Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as following:
1. Synthesise targets compounds by making appropriate modifications of existing routes or modification of literature procedures where possible under minimal supervision.
2. Proactively suggesting new or improved routes to target compounds, independently and rapidly. Originate novel ideas or approaches to the Scientist’s assigned projects.
3. Troubleshoot/modify reaction conditions in accord with analytical observations to allow rapid, successful synthesis of target compounds with minimal supervision where applicable.
4. Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with local EHS regulations. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. MSc/BSc in Organic Chemistry or equivalent experience.
2. Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form on results, issues, and plans.
3. Industrial experience advantageous.
In return we offer excellent training and benefits. These include a highly competitive salary and pension scheme, as well as life assurance and private healthcare.
If you are interested in joining our successful team, please apply online by uploading your CV, along with covering letter stating your availability and salary expectations.
Please note that candidates must be eligible and able to work in the UK.