Analytical Scientist (Research Scientist)
2 days left
- Full Time
Heptares Therapeutics is an established UK biotech company with world-class technology in structure-based drug design applied to discovery of novel small molecules acting through GPCRs.
The company works in collaboration with major global pharmaceutical companies on both small molecule and antibody discovery programmes, and is also developing its own pipeline of novel small molecules. The most advanced of these are now in clinical studies with others moving towards clinical development.
The company is based in Welwyn Garden City, has approximately 100 employees, and has been operating for over nine years. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
As a result of the increased activities in building our own pipeline we now seek to recruit a highly motivated scientist to join the analytical and compound purification team within our medicinal chemistry department. The individual will have a relevant background in analytical chemistry, as a significant part of the role will be to support our compound/sample quality control in our compound management processes, and will preferably have experience of state-of-the-art automated reverse phase hplc analytical and/or purification systems. The successful candidate would receive training in the specific systems used at Heptares.
For the right candidate, the role provides an opportunity to work with senior scientists to develop and apply best practice in a rapidly growing company on scientifically challenging issues at the cutting edge of discovery and development of new medicines.
We are seeking candidates whose profiles will include:
- a minimum 2.1 degree in Analytical Chemistry (or closely related discipline)
- relevant experience is desirable but not essential; comprehensive training will be provided;
- being highly motivated and enthusiastic to learn new skills and techniques to contribute to the ongoing discovery research;
- being proactive and responsive to the challenges of the role, working within the broader medicinal chemistry department;
- excellent communication and interaction skills and demonstrated capability to operate in a proactive, collaborative and entrepreneurial biotech culture; and,
- being able to clearly communicate both verbally and in written reports in English.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2017/2C. The closing date for applications is 25th April 2017.
No agencies, please.
Apply for Analytical Scientist (Research Scientist)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly