Chemistry Summer Intern
We are seeking for a number of highly motivated individuals willing to join one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies for a summer internship.
This 10-week placement is in Cambridge, UK starting around the 3rd of July 2017.
The candidates will join our Chemistry team within the Oncology Medicinal Chemistry Department, and will be involved in a range of either structural and physical chemistry-based or the synthesis of novel molecules research activities focused on small molecules. The purpose of these activities is to support our medicinal chemistry design efforts to discover and optimise new drugs in the Oncology therapeutic area.
Examples of tasks the individuals could conduct during the internship are:
- Synthesis and purification of novel molecules using state of the art equipment and techniques
- Interpretation of analytical data
- Writing up of experimental work and manuscript preparation
- Purification of organic molecules by reverse-phase or superfluid chromatography
- Acquisition, processing and interpretation of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and/or mass spectrometry structural and quantitative data
- Integration of structural NMR data to derive 3D conformational preference of molecules
The placement will aim to provide candidates an opportunity to gain knowledge of/ experience in:
- Modern, practical analytical and purification skills
- Techniques for structural and conformational analysis of novel molecules
- Introduction to medicinal chemistry concepts
- Insight into current drug discovery
- Working within a team
To find out more and how to apply, please visit goo.gl/m4TJgr
Closing date for applications is: 31st March 2017
Please be aware that we receive a large number of applications for our Internship placements and therefore we are sometimes unable to respond to you as soon as we would like. However, all applications will be reviewed and you will be notified via email of an outcome.