Fantastic opportunity to join a leading scientific publisher! We are seeking a Publishing Manager to be the key representative for the Royal Society of Chemistry’s publishing activities in India, developing and implementing our strategic objectives. You will also play a leading role within the wider Royal Society of Chemistry’s India team and ensure alignment of publishing priorities across the team.
We are looking for:
- A degree or PhD in science (chemical science normally preferred)
- Experience in Scientific, Technical & Medical publishing
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills, ideally within a cross-functional team
- Experience of budget management
- A thorough understanding of Indian higher education and scientific research systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, preferably as part of an international organisation
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure autonomously and to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Up-to-date knowledge of and passion for the chemical sciences
- Contacts with the relevant communities
The Royal Society of Chemistry publishes 43 peer-reviewed journals, more than 1,500 print books and a collection of online databases and literature updating services.
Our international publishing portfolio covers the core chemical sciences including related fields such as biology, biophysics, energy and environment, engineering, materials, medicine and physics. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our mission to advance excellence in the chemical sciences.
If you would like to join us please apply now.