Commercial Products Manager
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people - your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together.
In recent years Almac Sciences has successfully transitioned into manufacturing Commercial Products in addition to their existing extensive portfolio of Clinical Products. The company is now faced with the challenge of managing both types of products concurrently within a busy manufacturing schedule. The new role of “Commercial Products Manager” has been created; this individual will be the high level champion of all activities related to Commercial Products and will ensure these activities are given the appropriate focus and priority within the Almac Sciences portfolio.
Working as part of the operations team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will oversee, coordinate and drive all aspects of Commercial Projects and Commercial Product manufacturing. As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry, you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a Life Science related discipline
- Extensive project management experience within a GMP manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a technical (PRD, Analytical), QA or Manufacturing role
- High personal capacity and ability to progress an extensive amount of activities in parallel
- Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing - to all levels within the organisation
- Ability to deliver through influence rather than simply through line management authority
- High level of technical capability and appreciation of the activities associated with process development, manufacturing and analysis
- Good customer management skills
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues, and lead by example
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Direct GMP manufacturing operations experience
- Late phase and commercial API project experience
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit