Consider joining Eurofins, where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract research organization providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme engages full-time scientists, technicians and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility, to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This multi award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability, with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for Analytical Chemists in API Development for new and exciting opportunities based in Sandwich in the UK.
The purpose of this role is to support API process development through routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques and delivery of accurate method development / validation activities.
May include but will not be exclusive to the following and will be based on the applicants’ experience and clients’ requirements.
- Performing routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Lead Scientist or client representative.
- Supporting API process and development through hands-on generation of accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using routine laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography (HPLC, UPLC), gas chromatography (GC), mass spec (e.g. LC-MS) and Karl Fisher titration.
- Supporting API process development through hands-on generation of accurate and precise analytical chemistry data Development and execution of method validation protocols
- Development of assay / purity methods and assessment of method robustness / ruggedness.
- Co-locating with and providing hands-on analytical support to process development chemists (setting up analytical methods, troubleshooting methods and instrumentation, interpreting results, running samples and lab IPCs).
- Identifying, tracking and tabulating process related impurities through laboratory and pilot scale development studies.
Additional Role Responsibilities, depending on experience may also include:
- Design and execution of studies to ascertain API degradation mechanisms in the solution and solid state.
- Assessment of process changes on the quality and the stability of intermediates and APIs, recording the impact of the changes on the impurity profiles.
- Transfer of analytical methods to other laboratories and remote sites.
- Development and support of Process Analytical Technology (PAT) techniques.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Chemistry or allied sciences or similar with a minimum of 1 to 5 years relevant industrial experience.
- A sound, fundamental knowledge of Chemistry is essential.
- Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, UPLC, GC, MS, NMR (liquid), vibrational spectroscopy, dissolution, Karl Fischer, and UV spectroscopy).
- Must possess basic knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
- Appropriate relevant experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a development laboratory within a group organization.