Almac provides a comprehensive range of integrated drug development services including biomarker discovery and development, chemical development, pharmaceutical development and clinical trial supply.
Almac’s drug substance business unit has over 25 years of chemistry experience focussed in the development and cGMP supply of small molecules and synthetic peptides.
Almac is regarded as one of the most innovative drug substance providers in the industry and has an ethos of continual reinvestment, allowing year on year growth of our facilities.
Almac are seeking synthetic chemists to join our process development group, whose main aim is to develop chemical processes to allow successful manufacture of drug substance to support toxicology, clinical trials and commercial supply.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduated chemists to join a growing team solving exciting scientific challenges. To assist in your career progression you will have the opportunity to learn from in house experts in chemistry, analytical, solid state and manufacturing.
- Route scouting, route development/optimisation, synthesis of impurities, and scale-up
- Laboratory work in our state of the art facilities using both classical and contemporary synthetic methods
- Development of safe, reproducible and high yielding chemical processes delivering extremely high quality final product
- Analysis using HPLC, GC, NMR, MS, XRPD and other techniques
- Communicating scientific information both internally and to our clients
- You will hold a degree or PhD in Chemistry or another closely related discipline
- You will have practical laboratory experience of the organic synthesis and analysis from either university studies or previous industrial placements
- You can demonstrate scientific excellence, attention to detail and a passion for chemistry with good experience of literature searching tools
- You can demonstrate an ability to organise, plan and prioritise tasks
- You have the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Other positions may also be available for chemists with significant industrial experience, particularly from a chemical development background.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit