Principal Analytical Scientist
We are currently looking for a Principal Analytical Scientist to join a leading specialist pharmaceutical company based in the Nottinghamshire area. As the Principal Analytical Scientist you will be responsible for various analytical duties in order to manage the increasing volume of project development initiatives for specific drug delivery technologies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Analytical Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop, qualify and validate of analytical methods in support of formulation feasibility and clinical research; in addition to controlling all the analytical aspects of a project, advancing it through the pipeline.
2. Develop novel techniques for dissolution drug release testing as well as developing and establishing in vitro surrogate models of drug absorption for topical mucosal dosage forms
3. Establish non-compendial test methods, product specifications, and stability protocols for analytical testing in accordance with regulatory guidelines
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Analytical Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a chemistry related discipline, with proven industry experience in the pharmaceutical industry ideally within a GMP environment.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with the development of dissolution, UV-Vis and HPLC testing methods for drugs and related impurities. In addition you will have experience in Method Transfer and Validation. Experience with topical semi-solids and controlled release forms would be preferred.
Key Words: Analytical / Scientist / Chemistry / Method Development / Method Validation / GMP / Mucosal / Topical / Drug Delivery / Clinical / Controlled Release / Semi-Solid / Pharmaceutical / Bioadhesive / BDS
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.