Research Scientist - Hair Care
Research Scientist – Hair Care
Lonza Personal Care
Based Blackley, Manchester
Employing 11,000 people in 100 locations, Lonza is a leading supplier of chemicals, active pharmaceutical ingredients and biotechnology products and services to the Life-Science industries. Personal Care is one of Lonza’s fastest growing markets and their chemicals are used in every day cosmetic and personal care products, supporting an impressive and high profile blue chip customer base.
This newly created role offers an excellent opportunity for career development within a successful and rapidly expanding Technical team.
Laboratory based at Lonza’s impressive Manchester facility and part of the Hair Care Global team, this role will include responsibility for:
- Assisting in the development of claims substantiation protocols for Lonza Hair Care ingredients, ensuring variation in technique is minimised.
- Carrying out “comb-ability” assessments of hair.
- Carrying out Single Fibre Tensile Strength Assessments of hair.
- Using analytical techniques and analysis to assess the results of applying products to hair fibres.
- Identifying possible benefits to hair fibres from a treatment regime.
- Carrying out hair tress evaluation to determine the effect of ingredients under test.
- To prepare and develop formulations to be applied onto hair prior to testing.
Ideally with a related scientific Degree e.g. Cosmetic Science/Chemistry/Materials Science, candidates must have a proven laboratory testing background gained in a hair care environment, with experience of physical testing of hair fibres. Exceptional candidates from other similar environments where fibre/elasticity testing is required may also be considered e.g. textiles.
Experience in laboratory testing methods and equipment is required including Diastron, FTIR spectroscopy, UV/Vis Spectroscopy/DSC, together with good project management skills.
Well organised and thorough, you will possess clear communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with other company functions, together with the flexibility to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply please send your CV with current salary details quoting reference 03702 via the Apply button.
Closing date: Friday 24 February 2017
Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.
If you have not been invited for interview within 7 days after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.