By making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
Lilly unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
For more than 138 years Lilly has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site in Kinsale, we value integrity, excellence and respect for people.
The Process Chemist should be the expert on process teams supporting supply and new products. This includes a deep understanding of the laboratory model and a thorough knowledge of the process control strategy and its implementation in the manufacturing environment. The Process Chemist will provide technical support for the commercialization and technology transfer of new processes into the operations/manufacturing environment.
- Be the expert on the process chemistry and overall molecule control strategy, including development history, impurity generation and rejection etc. Ensure maintenance of control strategy through lifecycle
- Transferring new processes/technology from Lilly Development and/or third party operations to Eli Lilly S.A. – Irish Branch.
- Be familiar with and capable of executing a robust lab model for new or existing products
- Build technical expertise in the area of responsibility and demonstrate strong data-driven decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ensure the process is in-control, capable, compliant and maintained in a validated state through continual monitoring.
- Identify, prioritise and complete process optimisation opportunities based on EVA (Economic Value Added) and other criteria.
PhD in Chemistry (Organic / Synthetic / Medicinal / Analytical)
5 years industrial experience is essential.
- Deep technical interest and understanding in the field of chemistry and manufacturing science.
- Excellent laboratory technique and an ability to maintain workplace cleanliness and safety to the highest standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate decision-making.
- External / Contract manufacturing experience is desired.
In carrying out his/her responsibilities, the Process Chemist is expected to partner with Development Scientists, Kinsale Technical Services Laboratory, Engineering, Operations, Quality & Regulatory to troubleshoot processes and deliver on a continuous improvement agenda. He/she must have the interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a broad spectrum of people.