Analytical / Senior Analytical Chemists
The Almac Group is a family of six business units: Almac Clinical Services, Almac Clinical Technologies, Almac Diagnostics, Almac Discovery, Almac Pharma Services and Almac Sciences. An award winning organisation and employer headquartered in Craigavon we also have additional facilities across the UK, the USA, Singapore and Japan.
Everything we do supports our core vision: to be the leader in the generation of superior solutions for the advancement of human health. We do this through our four core values: outstanding quality, superlative customer focus, exceptional innovation and inspirational people.
Working at Almac is exciting, sometimes challenging but always rewarding. Over a period of sustained global growth spanning in excess of 45 years, the diligence and dedication of our 3700 strong family have made our company the success that it is today. Together we make an invaluable difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Be part of something big. Be part of something special. Be part of Almac.
We have several roles for both analyst level and senior analyst level chemists in our global HQ in Craigavon, Northern Ireland.
You will be responsible for performing, monitoring and accepting accountability for all assigned analytical duties relating to specific analytical projects.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes, grades A-C, in Mathematics and English Language
- Third level qualification (or equivalent) in a Life Science related discipline
- Previous analytical experience within industry (i.e. pharmaceuticals/fine chemistry)
- Experience in HPLC method development or in a GMP drug product development laboratory.
- Basic level ability in the use of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel etc)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to apply a meticulous approach to tasks undertaken
- Proven ability to organise and plan work both independently and in conjunction with team members
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an Analytical related discipline
- Previous experience within a supervisory role
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel etc)
- Working knowledge of COSHH
- Working knowledge of multiple analytical techniques (GC, IR, NMR, MS, KF)
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
The post holder will conduct chemical testing following set procedures, maintain accurate records of work and conduct all analysis following GMP and/or internal procedures. Responsibilities will include undertaking the chemical analysis of raw materials, intermediates and products according to set procedures and methods as well as preparing reagents, mobile phase and solutions according to set procedures and pharmacopoeial methods.
The role requires coverage beyond normal working hours on a regular basis and shift work - it is a condition of your employment that you are able to fulfil this requirement of the role.