Econic Technologies is a young, highly innovative, and fast growing chemical technology company. This means we have relocated our business headquarters and research activities to Alderley Park, Cheshire from January 2017, expanding both our laboratory facilities and our technical team. Econic develop and commercialise novel catalyst technologies to build CO2 into polycarbonates, polyurethanes and other polymers.
Our top-class scientific team is currently looking for a graduate level polymerisation chemist for an experimentalist role to help support their research and development activities by carrying out a variety of high pressure polymerisation reactions, evaluate reaction products and provide overall laboratory support. This lab based role will be located in Alderley Park, Cheshire, with an immediate start date if possible.
For more details on Econic please see our website: www.econic-technologies.com and our LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/econic-technologies-limited?trk=top_nav_home.
To thrive in this role, you will need to have a good knowledge of chemistry, excellent communication and interpersonal skills; have a high level of initiative, be resourceful and self-motivated.
To provide support for the research and customer development programmes within Econic, including:
- Carry out lab based polymerisation reactions, including the use of high pressure equipment.
- Perform and interpret a variety of analytical techniques including NMR, GPC, DSC and TGA.
- Record and communicate all outcomes of the experimental program and its implications for further work, in a clear, organised and comprehensive manner.
- Manage stock levels of key consumables, maintain facilities and equipment for the polymerisation group, where appropriate training will be provided for routine maintenance.
- Candidates require at least a 2:1 BSc in Chemistry and a minimum of one year practical experimental experience in a chemistry research laboratory in a relevant academic or industrial environment.
- Experience of practical synthesis and analysis of polymers is desirable.
- Good chemistry skills and knowledge of standard laboratory techniques.
- Good knowledge of safe lab practices and a proactive approach to lab safety.
- Rigorous, accurate experimentation, record keeping and data analysis.
- The ability to express ideas and results in clearly spoken and written form.
- The ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Basic IT skills and familiarity with MS Office suite, ChemDraw, etc.
Eligibility and Expectations
- In order to qualify for this position you will need to be authorised to live and work in the UK and be available to start no later than March 2017.
- You must have respect for others and a commitment and enthusiasm for high standards and continuous improvement.
- At Econic Technologies we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome employees who meet the requirements of the job, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
The closing date for applications is 23/01/2017.
To apply for this role please send your CV with a cover letter to: email@example.com