Scientific Programme Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join a Global Life Sciences company based in the Berkshire area. The company is a rapidly growing leader in the life sciences field.
As the Project Manager you will lead multi-disciplinary scientific project teams in the successful delivery of customer projects ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. You will lead scientific project execution following deal closure and will be responsible for project initiation, planning, execution and control. Projects are likely to fall within process / method development, manufacturing, analysis and quality control etc.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Project Manager will be varied and heavily client focussed however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Serve as the single point of contact for all operational aspects of the program, understanding the Customer's needs and represent their interests by acting as their advocate on-site. Establish and agree a project governance structure and use to manage the timely escalation of critical project issues.
2. Be responsible for project profitability and all financial aspects of projects managed. This includes cost control to ensure the expected profitability is achieved, invoicing, timely secure of future PO's and production forecast updates.
3. Manage project scope. Obtain commitment to the project scope and timelines from the project team, relevant stakeholders and the customer. Ensure that all are working in accordance to the agreed plan throughout the project lifecycle. Management of project risk and preparation of applicable risk mitigation plans.
4. Identify additional opportunities with ongoing projects and discuss with Sales regarding presentation and offering to the Customer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to be part of a rapidly growing department and company. To be successful in your application for this exciting opportunity as the Project Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Extensive experience of project or programme management within a scientific environment eg. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, chemicals, clinical, manufacturing etc. You will also be expected to have a degree or PhD in a scientific related discipline.
2. Proven experience dealing closely with customers/clients in a project management capacity. You will also be expected to have experience managing customer requirements, expectations and managing contact and relationships.
3. Proven and demonstrated leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills - you must be a highly effective communicator with skills to influence, persuade and gain the cooperation of others at all levels within a matrix management business environment.
Key Words: project management | programme management | project manager | programme manager | biopharmaceutical | pharmaceutical | life sciences | manufacturing | quality control | development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.