Deputy Laboratory Manager
Our client, a leading provider of laboratory services, is looking to expand their existing team by recruiting a Deputy Laboratory Manager to assist the laboratory management with the supervision and operation of the Microbiology Laboratory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake and supervise the analysis of water and other matrices ensuring samples are tested correctly.
- Assisting management of the Microbiology team.
- Monitoring the activities of junior staff.
- Implement and manage changes to the laboratory and quality systems.
- Ensuring samples are tested correctly.
- Examining, preparing and authorising production of analytical reports.
- Undertake specialist site investigations.
- Implementing, developing and reviewing SOP’s.
- Ensuring that all methods used within the laboratory meet current legislation and industrial requirements.
- Assisting management to source lab equipment.
- Ensuring the response to breakdown or emergency situations are effective.
- Implementation of external and internal auditing systems.
- Prepare and participate in meetings.
- Provide technical support to customers and clients.
- Assisting and documenting investigations.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of water sample matrices and must possess a good statistical understanding. Having excellent organisation skills alongside the ability to motivate and develop within the company is essential.
For more information or to apply, please contact Steve Evans on 07951 670097 or alternatively send your CV along with a cover letter, including your salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.