Senior Analytical Chemist – Gas Chromatography
Senior Analytical Chemist – Gas Chromatography
Req #: 1803042
Location: Reading, England UK
Job Category: Research, Development & Quality
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
An exciting position has arisen for an analytical chemist experienced in the analysis of drug products and raw materials by Gas Chromatography (GC), to work within our successful Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory in Reading. The laboratory performs a wide range of analytical testing for a variety of pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active and methodical scientist, dedicated to providing exceptional routine and investigative analysis of drug products and raw materials, to GMP quality standards. They will have extensive experience of working with GC including developing, validating and transferring of methods. As part of a successful laboratory function, you will be responsible for planning and executing analyses, providing technical direction to more junior members of the team, applying interpretations of results to implement corrective measures and manage projects to fulfil client contractual agreements This is a fantastic opportunity to be within the heart of a commercial, fast paced pharmaceutical laboratory.
- Provide technical direction within own area of expertise (GC) within the team whilst independently performing a range of GMP analyses by GC including method development / optimization and validation.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform data checking for other members of the team, providing interpretation of results for routine and verification testing, generating certificates of analysis or external interpretive reports.
- Provide training and coach junior team members in routine activities following client methods and support the interpretation of the resultant data.
- Liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Write and approve SOPs and test methods.
- Take responsibility for specific project management and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration and assignment of housekeeping tasks as required.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
Qualifications and Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor Degree or higher within a relevant Chemistry discipline and/or equivalent laboratory experience.
- Considerable practical laboratory experience, ideally within a contract research organization or pharmaceutical laboratory, specifically in the analysis of drug products and raw materials (quantitative and investigative analysis).
- Possesses hands on day to day Gas chromatography analytical experience with proven ability to undertake method development / optimisation / validation / transfer and be able to troubleshoot when required.
- Previous experience of working within a regulated environment, ideally adhering to GMP or UKAS standards.
- Previous experience of delivering technical information to clients, with strong career evidence of problem solving specific client needs and enquiries.
- Demonstrates a strong track record of successful project delivery, authoring reports and presenting research projects/scientific data.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to network with external clients and internal teams.
- Have excellent organisational skills including time management and priority setting for self and others
- Meticulous attention to detail, well organized and strong team working ethos
- Previous line management experience, with a track record of coaching and development others for career progression opportunities
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107