Scientist II – Physical Sciences
Scientist II – Physical Sciences
Req #: 1812188
Location: Reading, England UK
Job Category: Research, Development & Quality
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Physical Sciences laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
The role at Scientist II is to undertake a practical role with possible supervisory responsibilities within the Physical Sciences laboratory. Play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively and accurately within agreed timescales and to appropriate quality standards. This role focuses on routine and investigative analyses of products and method development and validations for particle characterization, powder flow and rheology. Supervise and train junior members of the team as required. Client contact and administrative support for laboratory management.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine and investigative analysis using Malvern particle size laser diffraction analyzer, dynamic light scattering, specific surface area, powder rheometers and zetasizer independenty and provide interpretation of results generated as required.
- Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support. Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of assigned equipment including checking and approving supplier’s reports (qualifications, repairs and preventative reports).
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols.
- Be superuser in the use of relevant equipment proficient at setting up reports and troubleshooting.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication and Influence
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required.
- Deliver presentations to technical stakeholders and clients as required.
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects.
Leadership and Supervision
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff
- Train junior members of the team in routine methods.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- Educated to Degree or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Good understanding of particle characterisation lab equipment.
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis in relevant area.
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements. Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with client’s and colleagues.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Able to organise own work and others to maximise output.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Experience of working with particle characterisation techniques.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Fluent English, written and spoken
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107