Formulation Scientist - Hair Care
Formulation Scientist – Hair Care
Lonza Personal Care
Based Blackley, Manchester £Negotiable package
Employing 10,000 people in 100 locations, Lonza is a leading supplier of chemicals, active pharmaceutical ingredients and biotechnology products and services to the Life-Science industries. Personal Care is one of Lonza’s fastest growing markets and their chemicals are used in every day cosmetic and personal care products, supporting an impressive and high profile blue chip customer base.
This newly created role offers an excellent opportunity for career development within a successful and rapidly expanding Technical team.
Laboratory based and working as part of the Hair Care Technical team at Manchester, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Formulating and testing new and existing hair care products on behalf of Lonza’s customer base.
- Performing a variety of complex sample preparations.
- Stability testing of preparations.
- Developing products to meet performance required by customer briefs.
- Investigating and testing new raw materials and formulations on the market.
- Assisting in the maintenance and running of laboratory equipment.
- Developing formulation and testing standards and procedures.
With a relevant scientific Degree eg Chemistry or Cosmetic Science, candidates must have a proven laboratory formulation and testing background, gained in the hair care or broader personal care market.
With strong practical formulation and product testing skills, you will have sound project management experience, and be familiar with a variety of laboratory analytical techniques. Attention to detail, sound problem solving, excellent communication and teamworking skills are all essential.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply please send your CV with current salary details quoting reference 03701 via the Apply button.
Closing date: Friday 24 February 2017
Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.
If you have not been invited for interview within 7 days after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.