- Full Time
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
These roles are within the Formulation & Component Lifecycle Management (FCLM) team of Shell Lubricants Supply Chain, who are the custodians of all the technical specification and recipe data for products, formulations and components through their full lifecycle.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Ensure formulation/component data within your own specialist area is managed through its full lifecycle from conception to obsoletion to deliver business requirements in accordance with data quality standards and processes.
- Continuously improve data management processes, and support and cover for other members of the team.
- Support your Global Product Manager in managing their product portfolio
As part of your accountability, you will be expected to:
- Act and behave according to Shell Global Business Principles, Code of Conduct and HSSE Standards
- Work according to FCLM Processes and Work Instructions
- Ensure Formulation data quality meets Shell, customer and legislative requirements, providing challenge to colleagues when necessary
- Implement change requests promptly and transparently
- Provide expert advice to colleagues on formulation and component data in your area
- Identify potentially obsolete formulations/components to minimise complexity.
- Deliver regular reports and commentary
- Work with other FCLM team members when projects require additional support.
- Coach less experienced staff in the team
- Communicate with external suppliers to gather and validate component data
- Formal qualification (preferably to Degree level) in Chemistry or Chemical Science
- Three years experience in development or manufacturing of chemically based products (experience in lubricants, greases or petroleum additives is a distinct advantage)
- Proven ability to handle large quantities of data with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to grow knowledge in a broad range of lubricants products, components & formulations.
- A desire to work at product development/business interface in a global setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly, analyse problems/situations and suggest solutions
- Good computer skills in word processing, spread sheets, presentations and databases.
- Knowledge of reporting in Microsoft Excel or Access is highly desirable, as is the ability to collate and manipulate data across multiple files.
No. of Positions
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online via the 'Apply' button.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, London, Formulation & Component Lifecycle Specialist, FCLM.